Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good News!

The following is a true story.
Working retail you met all sorts. Polite customers, funny people, rude folks, people buying all our discount stuff, people who call to complain about the way you looked at them or did not bag their stuff fast enough. The world is full of strange people but last night something amazing happened.

Another associate and myself were standing up front, talking, and attempting to stay sane on a typical slow weeknight. Suddenly an older gentleman approached us, smiling. He handed the other associate a money clip (with several dollars in it) and told us he had found it in the parking lot. He admitted that there was not much money in the clip, but the clip was really nice. He felt bad for whoever had lost it. As he turned to walk away we both thanked him sincerely. It felt really good to know that there are still nice people in the world. It really made my night.

In other news: I got a job! I will be working as a Curriculum/Special Ed sub three or four times a week. Today was my first day and everything went well (despite the fact I was late). The students were mostly well behaved and stayed on task (even for a sub). I am excited about this opportunity and look forward to working in education again. And now it is time for my class.

Peace,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment