Friday, December 11, 2009

Top Ten Movies....

In honor of going to see Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" tonight... (I am so happy I have friends who are as nerdy as I am)... I present a Top Ten list of movies I really want to see in the theater. In no certain order, they are:

10) Shutter Island
Based on a Dennis Lehane book, author of "Gone Baby Gone" and "Mystic River", this movie is about U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels is investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island. The book was a quick, fascinating read and the cast seems to fit the roles perfectly. I can not wait to go see this movie.

9) The Lovely Bones
Another movie based on a really good, yet sad book. Directed by the one and only Peter Jackson. The preview has me hooked and I have to dig up my copy of the book to re-read before I go see it.

8) Avatar
James Cameron's latest movie. Watch the preview here: http://www.imdb.com/features/holidaymovieguide/2009/movies/avatar

7) Toy Story 3
This relates back to me being an extreme nerd. I love all of Pixar's movies and I can not wait to see the latest installment of one of my favorite Disney movies, Toy Story. Sadly, I have to wait until next summer. Sigh...at least it is in 3D

6) The Last Airbender
M. Night's newest movie is about an airbender named Ang. Who just happens to the last Avatar, master of all four elements. If anyone else is a big nerd, you recognize this premise from Nick's cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender. I really, really want to see this movie. Even if it does have a guy from Twilight in it. It looks so good!

5) Sherlock Holmes
Robert Downey Jr...hurrr! Preview: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4237361689/

4) A Christmas Carol
I always want to see Christmas Carol movies. I love the tale and the latest movie rendered in 3D looks wicked cool. I know this movie has been out for a while but I have been busy and tonight will be the first time I have seen a movie in the theater in a long time.

3) Men Who Stare At Goats
Another movie that has been out for awhile. I may wait to Netflix this one, but it looked funny. I like most of the cast and am hoping the movie can hold up to its hilarious preview.

2) Blind Side
I love a good feel good movie and Sandra Bullock. This movie looks really touching and like a good movie to go see with my mom or best girlfriend. Lol

1) Alice in Wonderland.
Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Tim Burton directing, how can you go wrong? Here is the preview: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi291242521/

I love Johnny Depp, I would go see that man watch paint dry...hurr!

Any ways, off to do some errands before the movie.
Peace,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment