Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Five Things...

Okay so I totally stole this idea from a friend. Once a week I am going to post a Ten Things list in my blog. This week I only have five...oh well.

Five Things I should be doing....
(what can I say, I am a huge procrastinator)

5. Studying for my final MTEL test.
I am currently trying to obtain my initial teacher's license in Special Education. So far I have taken and passed the Communications and Literacy test. Two weeks ago I took the Foundations of Reading test. I will not know if I passed or failed for another month. The final test is the General Curriculum test, which I am taking in March. Studying for these test is like trying to read Ulysses (which I have). It is tedious and boring. However, starting tomorrow, I plan on studying an hour a day because I want to pass and obtain my license. Hopefully once I do so, I will have a better chance of getting a job.

4. Christmas Shopping
With both myself and my husband unemployed from our full time jobs, our budget is tight. Christmas is going to be very small this year and that makes me sad. We set a Christmas budget of $50 each. I have all his presents done (went a little over do to shipping and handling), bought something for my father in law, and that is all the shopping I have done. I still have my mother, father, mother in law, brother, and neighbors to buy for. Also we are having Friendmas again this year and I have to get something for the Yankee Swap. I hate shopping on a budget, I want to get everyone something nice. This year, I am hoping the saying "Its the thought that counts" holds true.

3. Exercising
This last June, I got married. Before I got married, I lost 10 pounds, which is a lot for me. Since the wedding, I have gained seven pounds back. Since I lost my job, I have sort of lost motivation to work out. It sucks. We have an elliptical machine in our basement and plenty of DVDs to watch while working out. I just need some motivation. My husband and I came up with an idea to collect stars for working out. For every 30 minutes you work out, you get a star. Every 20 stars the other person has to buy you a gift of your choice. So far hubby has already earned 20 stars and then some. I need to catch up. Probably tomorrow before work.

2. Take more pictures
I have been trying since this summer to use my fancy camera more. Since I got a part time job working retail, I have been taking less and less pictures. I set a goal to take at least five pictures per day and have fallen to maybe one or two (if I am lucky). I am hoping the holidays will present me with more opportunities to take and post my pictures.

1. Work on my novel
I have hit a wall with my "Fate" novel. I have written the next paragraph but need to do some research on Greek language and culture before I can move on. After I finish doing that, I am not sure where to go with the story. I need to connect the past with a present case of some sort. A case that is close to home and causes Fate to have reoccurring nightmares about what happened to her and her family long ago. A case that leads Fate to believe that Echo may not be truly dead. I am not sure where to go and would appreciate any comments/suggestions on my novel.

Okay I am off to clean the house and maybe take some pictures before hubby gets home. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Peace,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment